New on 11 May 2021 - Download php_gn_natal_public_scripts.zip in order to be able to
generate natal charts for individuals. This script is almost identical to what is found at: https://astrowin.org/php_gn/natal/index.php. This set of scripts
includes part of the Olson time zone database. Download this pdf file which gives you all
the instructions for how to set up this set of PHP scripts.
1) New on 01 January 2018) - Download AE_astrology_public_v100.zip in order to be able to set
up a set of PHP scripts for which you can store your own personal birth data in readable text files (no database needed) and run a number of different scripts
using your web browser (on your Windows computer). One thing to note: if you run a Synastry Chart Report, you will need to be online, as the Synastry Chart
Report scripts access the synastry interpretations from my website ( I do not have permission to release the synastry interpretations into the public domain).
Unzip the downloaded .zip file into a new folder named "AE_astrology_public".
Before running the "Transits to Natal Chart" script, you must do the following: open a command window with administrator rights [Windows key-X, then choose "Command Prompt (Admin)"]. Copy the following into the command window: regsvr32 "C:\AE_astrology_public\astro_php.dll" - this assumes you have unzipped all the files into a directory called ""C:\AE_astrology_public" on your computer. Hit "ENTER". This will register the "astro_php.dll" file and allow you to do certain transit calculations in a speedy manner. If the registration succeeds, then you will see this:
Then run the "run_me.bat" file to start the local PHP server. Open your web browser and enter "http://localhost:7777/index.php" (without the quotes) and hit ENTER. You may change the name of the install folder, but if you do, then change the URL in the "run_me.bat" file as well. The various scripts include: Natal Chart Report, Transits to Natal Chart, Progressions & Transits, Synastry Chart Report, Dual Cosmodynes, Natal Cosmodynes, Natal Midpoints, Vocational Analysis, Composite Chart, Davison Relationship Chart, Solar Arcs & Transits, Solar Return Chart, Lunar Return Chart, Progressed Planets vs Progressed Planets, and Planetary Hours.
2) - updated on 05 June 2021) Download website_database_scripts_with_atlas.zip in order to be able to set up a
website that allows users to create and maintain their own personal database of data records so they may analyze many different types of astrological charts,
including natal charts and reports, synastry charts including dual cosmodyne calculations, natal cosmodynes, solar arcs, progressions, solar and lunar
returns, planetary hours, vocational analysis, composite charts, contest charts (horary and time of event), Davison relationship charts, transit charts and reports, horary charts, and Moon aspects along with
void-of-course data. This set of scripts requires you to set up a MySQLi database and is the same set of scripts used on my website at:
http://www.astrowin.org/online_calcs_db/signup_login.php (except for the synastry interpretations, which I do not yet have permission to include in this
package of scripts). This set of scripts includes the Olson timezone database. Download this pdf file which gives
you all the instructions for how to set up this database and its associated PHP scripts.
3) Download transits_form.zip in order to be able to set up a website that allows your users to
see the transit planet aspects to their natal planets for any day. This set of scripts includes transit interpretations as well as the beginning,
exact, and ending times for each aspect (within 8 days either side of the set transit date). This script does not contain an atlas to inform users about geographical longitude and
latitude or historical time zone - this information must be supplied manually. Download
4) Download synastry_scripts.zip in order to be able to set up a website that allows your users to
calculate and display synastry charts, aspect grids, and an interaspect listing. There are no interpretations provided and the dual cosmodyne calculations
are not yet available in this script. Download sample output.
5) Download PDF_natal_reports_PHP_files.zip in order to be able to set up a website
that allows your users to generate natal chart reports in PDF format. This script does not contain an atlas to inform users about geographical longitude and
latitude or historical time zone - this information must be supplied manually.
6) Download natal_cosmodynes.zip in order to calculate and display natal cosmodynes. You will have to modify
the "natal_cosmodynes.php" script because right now it only does a single natal chart (mine). Modify this script in whatever ways you need in order to get
what you want to achieve. Add an input form or whatever - the code for calculating natal cosmodynes according to the methods of Elbert Benjamine is all there.
7) Download php_astrology_scripts.zip in order to be able to set up a website
like what you can see here: click me (there is no "Right now where you are connecting from" script as that requires a large database). These scripts really replace the below - and there are more of them, and the graphics are much improved.
8) Download transits_PHP_files.zip in order to be able to set up a website
that allows your users to generate and read their daily transit interpretations.
9) Download right_now_PHP_files.zip in order to be able to set up a website that allows your users to see the planetary positions RIGHT NOW.
1. First, you must have a web hosting service that provides you with a website that runs Linux and PHP (make sure the PHP GD graphics library is installed AND THAT THE FREE TYPE LIBRARY IS INSTALLED). Note: in order to run the Swiss ephemeris on Windows, you must use a Windows file called swetest.exe instead of the file named swetest. swetest.exe is not included in the script packages themselves, but you can click here to download it (copy swetest.exe and all the .se1 files into the same folder where your .php scripts are located). I do not recommend using a Windows server - there are issues with the PHP command mktime, among other things. Also, Windows does not run calculations very quickly using the Swiss ephemeris program swetest.exe - I wrote my own simple .dll file to do things much, much faster.
2. Take your downloaded .zip file and unzip it in a local directory. Using your FTP program, create the following sub-directory on your website's server:
* for 7) above, /public_html/astrology_scripts and /public_html/astrology_scripts/sweph and /public_html/astrology_scripts/natal_files and /public_html/astrology_scripts/transit_files
* for 8) above, /public_html/transits
* for 9) above, /public_html/Now
3. Upload the unzipped files to your website in the corresponding and respective directories. After that, CHMOD the file called swetest to 755 in the root directory you created (/public_html/astrology_scripts/sweph OR /public_html/transits OR /public_html/Now).
4. To test your website, visit www.yourdomain.com/astrology_scripts OR www.yourdomain.com/natal_reports OR www.yourdomain.com/transits OR www.yourdomain.com/Now
5. If you get 0.0 degrees for all planets, then either you did not upload swetest using binary mode or you did not CHMOD swetest to 755 or your webserver is not allowing you to execute the file called swetest. If the latter, you will have to ask your web host why swetest cannot run properly (or change web hosts).
6. Be sure to upload the file called swetest in BINARY mode, not ASCII mode nor AUTO mode.
7. If the graphics do not display properly you may have to replace every instance of sserife.fon with arial.ttf due to a bug in later versions of the FreeType library.
8. If your graphics do not work as expected, try replacing all instances of 'arial.ttf with dirname(__FILE__) . '/arial.ttf and 'HamburgSymbols.ttf with dirname(__FILE__) . '/HamburgSymbols.ttf.
9. Depending upon what version of PHP your server is running, you may need to change the current "Function safeEscapeString($string)" code (in all scripts where it is defined). Your PHP version may no longer accept the "mysql_real_escape_string" command. Write me if you need help.