2) NEW! Download synastry_scripts.zip in order to be able to set up a website that allows your users to calculate and display synastry charts, aspect grids, and an interaspect listing. There are no interpretations provided and the dual cosmodyne calculations are not yet available as open source. Download sample output.
3) Download PDF_natal_reports_PHP_files.zip in order to be able to set up a website that allows your users to generate natal chart reports in PDF format.
4) Download natal_cosmodynes.zip in order to calculate and display natal cosmodynes. You will have to modify the "natal_cosmodynes.php" script because right now it only does a single natal chart (mine). Modify this script in whatever ways you need in order to get what you want to achieve. Add an input form or whatever - the code for calculating natal cosmodynes according to the methods of Elbert Benjamine is all there.5) Download php_astrology_scripts.zip in order to be able to set up a website like what you can see here: click me (there is no "Right now where you are connecting from" script as that requires a large database). These scripts really replace the below - and there are more of them and the graphics are much improved. 6) Download natal_reports_PHP_files.zip in order to be able to set up a website that allows your users to generate and read the interpretation of their natal chart/natal horoscope.
7) Download transits_PHP_files.zip in order to be able to set up a website that allows your users to generate and read their daily transit interpretations.
8) Download right_now_PHP_files.zip in order to be able to set up a website that allows your users to see the planetary positions RIGHT NOW.
1. First, you must have a web hosting service that provides you with a website that runs Linux and PHP (make sure the PHP GD graphics library is installed AND THAT THE FREE TYPE LIBRARY IS INSTALLED). Note: in order to run the Swiss ephemeris on Windows, you must use a Windows file called swetest.exe instead of the file named swetest. swetest.exe is not included in the script packages themselves, but you can click here to download it (copy swetest.exe and all the .se1 files into the same folder where your .php scripts are located). I do not recommend using a Windows server - there are issues with the PHP command mktime, among other things. Also, Windows does not run calculations very quickly using the Swiss ephemeris program swetest.exe - I wrote my own simple .dll file to do things much, much faster.
2. Take your downloaded .zip file and unzip it in a local directory. Using your FTP program, create the following sub-directory on your website's server:
* for 5) above, /public_html/astrology_scripts and /public_html/astrology_scripts/sweph and /public_html/astrology_scripts/natal_files and /public_html/astrology_scripts/transit_files
* for 6) above, /public_html/natal_reports and /public_html/natal_reports/natal_files
* for 7) above, /public_html/transits and /public_html/natal_reports/transit_files
* for 8) above, /public_html/Now
3. Upload the unzipped files to your website in the corresponding and respective directories. After that, CHMOD the file called swetest to 755 in the root directory you created (/public_html/astrology_scripts/sweph OR /public_html/natal_reports OR /public_html/transits OR /public_html/Now).
4. To test your website, visit www.yourdomain.com/astrology_scripts OR www.yourdomain.com/natal_reports OR www.yourdomain.com/transits OR www.yourdomain.com/Now
5. If you get 0.0 degrees for all planets, then either you did not upload swetest using binary mode or you did not CHMOD swetest to 755 or your webserver is not allowing you to execute the file called swetest. If the latter, you will have to ask your web host why swetest cannot run properly (or change web hosts).
6. Be sure to upload the file called swetest in BINARY mode, not ASCII mode nor AUTO mode.
7. If the graphics do not display properly you may have to replace every instance of sserife.fon with arial.ttf due to a bug in later versions of the FreeType library.
8. If your graphics do not work as expected, try replacing all instances of "arial.ttf" with "./arial.ttf" and "HamburgSymbols.ttf" with "./HamburgSymbols.ttf". Some servers are just "weird".